WHAT IS THE SUMMER THEATRE ACADEMY?
Professional Theatre Training in a Professional Theatre. Now in its 18th year, our annual Summer Theatre Academy is the region’s top professional theatre training program for young actors.
This summer, we are delighted to offer a wide array of programs for students of all ages and levels of experience. Our camps, which range from one to three weeks, give students the chance to shine in new Broadway hits and beloved musical theatre classics.
Students spend their days training with our team of theatre professionals, working towards a performance in our state of the art theatre. All camps end with a full production including lights, sound, costumes – the works!
Our location in downtown White Plains, along with our Before and After Care program, make STA the perfect fit for working parents.
The WPPAC Education Department is deeply committed to providing excellent theatre training in a safe and healthy environment. WPPAC will continue creating theatre magic with strong health and safety protocols. We will be following the CDC and NYS guidlines. At this time masks are optional, but strongly encouraged especially when performing in close proximity.
If your child is feeling unwell, please contact us and keep your child home for the safety of all students and staff at WPPAC.
Check out what BROADWAY WORLD said about the Summer Theatre Academy!
In response to COVID-19, breathe easier knowing your kids are safe.
WPPAC has been closely following the guidance of state and local health officials and we’ve developed plans and protocols to ensure quality theatre education this summer in a safe, dynamic and fun environment for all.
To that end, we’ve made changes to how we facilitate summer camp programming on a daily basis, implemented comprehensive health and safety protocols and adjusted our refund policy to meet the demands of these unprecedented times. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The wellbeing of our campers, staff, and their families is our number one priority. We are taking the following steps this summer to ensure a safe environment:
- Daily deep cleaning of all facilities with hospital-grade cleaning supplies and regular disinfecting throughout the day
- Venue has upgraded the air filtration system to state-of-the-art GPS technology
- Regular breaks for hand washing and sanitizing
- Use of masks and face coverings is strongly recommended, but not required.
We will continue to monitor the latest developments and will comply with all state and local summer camp guidance.
For more information on our Health and Safety Protocols:
- If WPPAC must cancel any program, full refunds will be issued
- If a student must withdraw prior to the start of camp due to a Covid-19 illness or quarantine, a full refund will be issued. Proof of a positive PCR test will be required.
- If a student must withdraw after the start of camp due to a Covid-19 illness or quarantine we will issue a pro-rated refund for the days remaining. Proof of a positive PCR test will be required. If the student is eligible and wants to return after 5 days quarantine AND a negative PCR test, then NO adjustment will be made for the missed time.
- NO refunds for non-Covid related withdrawals
DIRECTOR OF SUMMER THEATRE ACADEMY
Juliana is a theatre educator based in Westchester. She is an alumni of Purchase College holding degrees in Musical Theatre and Arts Management and is a current graduate student at NYU in the Educational Theatre MA program. Juliana has worked with many performing arts organizations in Westchester County, Dutchess County and NYC. She believes in using theatre as a tool to develop as empathetic people and to grow on/off stage. Creating a space where everyone is understood, celebrated and heard is her mission. Juliana is looking forward to creating theatre, singing show tunes and welcoming you all to WPPAC this summer!