WHAT IS THE SUMMER THEATRE ACADEMY?
Professional Theatre Training in a Professional Theatre. Now in its 18th year, our annual Summer Theatre Academy is the region’s top professional theatre training program for young actors.
This summer, we are delighted to offer a wide array of programs for students of all ages and levels of experience. Our camps, which range from one to three weeks, give students the chance to shine in new Broadway hits and beloved musical theatre classics.
Students spend their days training with our team of theatre professionals, working towards a performance in our state of the art theatre. All camps end with a full production including lights, sound, costumes – the works!
Our location in downtown White Plains, along with our Before and After Care program, make STA the perfect fit for working parents.
The WPPAC Education Department is deeply committed to providing excellent theatre training in a safe and healthy environment. WPPAC will continue creating theatre magic with strong health and safety protocols, including:
• Masks/face shields at all times
• Regular cleaning and disinfecting
• Social distancing
Check out what BROADWAY WORLD said about the Summer Theatre Academy!
In response to COVID-19, breathe easier knowing your kids are safe.
WPPAC has been closely following the guidance of state and local health officials and we’ve developed plans and protocols to ensure quality theatre education this summer in a safe, dynamic and fun environment for all.
To that end, we’ve made changes to how we facilitate summer camp programming on a daily basis, implemented comprehensive health and safety protocols and adjusted our refund policy to meet the demands of these unprecedented times. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The wellbeing of our campers, staff, and their families is our number one priority. We are taking the following steps this summer to ensure a safe environment:
- Daily deep cleaning of all facilities with hospital-grade cleaning supplies and regular disinfecting throughout the day
- Venue has upgraded the air filtration system to state-of-the-art GPS technology
- Staff and students wear masks or face shields at all times
- Regular breaks for hand washing and sanitizing
We will continue to monitor the latest developments and will comply with all state and local summer camp guidance.
For more information on our Health and Safety Protocols:
- If WPPAC must cancel any program, full refunds will be issued
- If a student must withdraw prior to the start of camp due to a Covid-19 illness or quarantine, a full refund will be issued. Proof of a positive PCR test will be required.
- If a student must withdraw after the start of camp due to a Covid-19 illness or quarantine we will issue a pro-rated refund for the days remaining. Proof of a positive PCR test will be required. If the student is eligible and wants to return after 5 days quarantine AND a negative PCR test, then NO adjustment will be made for the missed time.
- NO refunds for non-Covid related withdrawals
DIRECTOR OF SUMMER THEATRE ACADEMY